Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The way HE works!

So last night was a little out of the norm for me. I got home from work at a reasonable time and around 8ish Jonathan sat down with the kids to read their bible stories before bed. I snuck out to go to the tanning bed..usually I don't go until 9 or 10 but for some reason I decieded to go early. When I got there I signed in and she told me that I had "bonus bucks" from people saying that I told them that True Colors Tanning is the best ever and I could upgrade to a 12 minute bed!! SWEEEET I never get to do this because I don't like to spend the extra money and the 20 min bed usually lets me take a nap :-) so I get done tanning and where I would normally stand around and talk to my other gal pals that work or are tanning I went ahead and scurried home. I was on the phone with a buddy when I pull up to my street and I see fire....I flip! I hung up the phone and stomped the gas!

Just so happend that it wasmy neighbors house! I didn't see anyone outside so I pull up (so fast I almost hit thier mail box) and notice that it is right in front of thier 5 year old Samuels room. I bang as hard as I can yelling "Get out, your house is on fire!!!" and their dad comes to the door...the odd thing about that is that he is supposed to work at night at the airport and he got to come home early. I was actually thankful because the woman is Japanese and I can't speak to her or understand all the time clearly. So He comes out and realizes that it is an electrical fire in their landscape lights- I told them to put the kids (Rebecca 4, Samuel 5) in my car because it is warm and will pul in the driveway so they are safe. They also have a young relative who is about 20 or so (I am guessing) staying with them from Japan so she stayed in the car while I call 911. In the meantime I go in thier house (which I have NEVER been in) and straight to the kitchen for a fire extuingisher and thats when everything went dark..I rushed out and Jonathan (the neighbor, not my husband...he had no idea what was going on)had thrown the breaker. So we bring the kids to our house and sit and chill with them on the couch until everything settles and the fire dept got there and done. BTW- these are 2 of the cutest kids!! they are well behaved, well mannered and just too cute so Jonathan and I (my husband) sit and enjoy thier company. Thier parents come over and tell us that the fire was caused by the landscaping timer that blew up..if I hadn't come at just that moment it could have been wayyyyy worse they said. They thanked me and told me that God was watching over their family and went home.

I called mom because she is like my calm side, she listens to me ramble and tells me what she thinks...in the middle of her conversation we had to stop so she could praise her dog for pooping outside but I understood :-) Potty training is hard. She told me how proud she was of me and to just think, there are probably 2 parents laying in bed tonight thanking God for me.....That made me feel good.

The whole night I had trouble sleeping. I kept thinking, what if I had gone in the 20 min bed, what if I hadn't gone at all and stayed home and worked on my budget for my meeting wed....what if no one saw and Ashlyn's classmate and his family were hurt or even worse.....then I just thanked God for having placed me in the right place at the right time to help someone. Then I fell fast asleep.

It's funny how God works. You never question certain things but just know that he is working through you. I feel like God used me to save my fellow christian neighbors and that if it did nothing else, it made us closer.

I know it's been forever since I have blogged so this was one that I felt like sharing. Hope you got as much out of reading it as I did in living it.

God bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that we have such a wonderful father that knows the future!!!!!!!!!!!!! How AWESOME is he. BTW.....Glad your back! Keep them coming

Leigh Ann

Hers and His said...

That's a great post! Glad you're back :)

Anonymous said...

Your story was very touching and encouraging to know that God's children still listen and obey
that inner soft voice called the Holy Spirit. Sounds like there were Angel's all around you.. We serve an Awesome God who continues to remind us - that HE will never Leave nor Forsake us!
Wonderful testimony to share with your church family and friends.

God Bless You...
Lajuana Cobb
Custer, KY

Theresa said...

Yes, I can see why you feel good ! We know God is always using us, but it is so cool when we get to see it ! Thanks for sharing .

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia,
Went on your blog.spot-read entry "Featuring God & His Works" :-) Love the way He uses us everyday. Know you're thanking Him for choosing YOU to help Him. Passed that news and your blog address to Bonnie and Gary Allender. love All of you. Joyce Rogers (rogershome@rocketmail.com)